The GL500 is a network gateway developed to implement the features of the Guglielmo
platform on areas with a large number of users.
The GL500 activates a secure connection
with the Guglielmo Cloud and performs several functions related to users authentication
authorization and accounting (AAA), data collection and business intelligence, network
control and IoT services.
Leveraging the resources provided by the GL500, Guglielmo
platform is able to provide innovative and advanced services, enabling the hotspot as a
platform for a new generation of applications.
Five main software modules on the GL500, working together and connected to the
Guglielmo platform, provide advanced types of services.
provides extremely flexible services for the hotspot management, such as
users authentication and policy enforcement.
provides services for Business Intelligence and Network Control,
implementing a deep interaction with mobile App or external applications, for advanced
services such as automated login procedures, notifications and QoS policy enforcement.
IoT hub module
provides connectivity for sensors and actuators and local IoT resources
discovery and service consumption.
Fog Computing module
The GL500 can also locally provide and control resources such as
memory, computing and networking, implementing also a virtualization infrastructure for
Virtual Machines or Linux Containers, in order to host other machines or applications, such
as Proxy, VPN terminators, Wireless Lan Controllers, etc..., with a local access to resources.
The GL500 can also provide a virtualization infrastructure, based
on VMware ESX 5.5, in order to host other machines such as Proxy, VPN
terminators, Wireless Lan Controllers, etc...
- Configurable hardware
- Up to 20000 sumultaneus connected
users in normal configuration
- Expandable in cluster with Load
Balancing, Fault Tolerance or High
- VPN to Guglielmo Cloud
- Full Support of Layer 2 (switched) or
Layer 3 (routed) connectivity to users
- Radius Client
- Complete management AAA
(Authorization, Authentication and
- DHCP Server, DHCP Client, DHCP relay
- NAT (PAT)
- Static routes support
- Support of VLAN and IEEE 802.1q trunk
- Redirection to customized login portal
- Management and Authentication traffic
on https with valid SSL certificate (not
- White list: list of URLs, IP addresses or
subnets reachable before the
authentication, dinamically updated
- Black list: list of unreachable URLs or IP
addresses, dynamically updated
- Internal list of banned devices, not
authorized to browse
- Redirection after authentication to the
requested web site or to other web site
with configurable URL
- Bandwidth limiting for user
- Configurable integrated firewall
- Content filtering applicable
- Configurable traffic shaping
- Centralized platform for Firmware
- Optional VMware ESX 5.5