GL500V is the virtual version of a network gateway developed to implement the features of the Guglielmo Lumen platform and it is fully integrable into existing datacenter.
Based on VMware ESX 5.5, it relies on computing resources assigned by the hypervisor, implementing an extremely scalable approach to access management.
GL500V activates a secure connection with the Guglielmo Cloud performing several functions regarding users authentication authorization and accounting (AAA) as well as data
management and IoT services.
Leveraging the resources provided by the GL500V, Guglielmo Lumen platform is able to deploy innovative and advanced services enabling the "hotspot as a platform" paradigm
for a new generation of nomadic applications.
Five main software modules on the GL500V, working together and connected to the
Guglielmo platform, provide advanced types of services.
provides extremely flexible services for the hotspot management, such as
users authentication and policy enforcement.
provides services for Business Intelligence and Network Control,
implementing a deep interaction with mobile App or external applications, for advanced
services such as automated login procedures, notifications and QoS policy enforcement.
IoT hub module
provides connectivity for sensors and actuators and local IoT resources
discovery and service consumption.
Fog Computing module
The GL500V can also locally provide and control resources such as
memory, computing and networking, implementing also a virtualization infrastructure for
Virtual Machines or Linux Containers, in order to host other machines or applications, such
as Proxy, VPN terminators, Wireless Lan Controllers, etc..., with a local access to resources.
- Virtually unlimited sumultaneous connected users
- Expandable in cluster with Load
Balancing, Fault Tolerance or High
- VPN to Guglielmo Cloud
- Full Support of Layer 2 (switched) or
Layer 3 (routed) connectivity to users
- Radius Client
- Complete management AAA
(Authorization, Authentication and
- DHCP Server, DHCP Client, DHCP relay
- NAT (PAT)
- Static routes support
- Support of VLAN and IEEE 802.1q trunk
- Redirection to customized login portal
- Management and Authentication traffic
on https with valid SSL certificate (not
- White list: list of URLs, IP addresses or
subnets reachable before the
authentication, dinamically updated
- Black list: list of unreachable URLs or IP
addresses, dynamically updated
- Internal list of banned devices, not
authorized to browse
- Redirection after authentication to the
requested web site or to other web site
with configurable URL
- Bandwidth limiting for user
- Configurable integrated firewall
- Content filtering applicable
- Configurable traffic shaping
- Centralized platform for Firmware